Here’s what’s changed in the latest version of MainStage, 3.6.5:
New in MainStage 3.6.5
New features and enhancements
- Beat Breaker is now available as plug-in.
- Sample Alchemy is now available as a plug-in.
- You can now use the new command Reset Window Configuration from the Windows menu to restore the default window configuration for all open windows.
Stability and reliability
- MainStage no longer hangs when closing the “8 Drum Pads” concert using Logic Remote.
- MainStage no longer quits when pressing Command-Equal sign (=).
- Using the Select All command in Layout mode no longer causes MainStage to quit.
- Concerts with instances of Sampler that have been dragged and dropped from other concerts or from the Finder no longer sometimes open with the wrong samples loaded.
- Channel strips can now be selected with VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver can now be used to delete channel strips.
- VoiceOver now correctly announces the latency value on channel strips.
- Output 1-2 and Master channel strips no longer disappear when loading patches that attempt to route to mono outputs.
- The Instrument Channel Strip Inspector’s MIDI Input Tab now contains a section at the top of the Input Controller menu for recently assigned controllers.
- Clicking the channel mode button from mono to stereo on Output 2 no longer unexpectedly sets the level of the resulting Output 1-2 channel strip to its minimum value.
- The Expression knob on the Mixer now reliably shows Expression value mappings saved at the Concert level.
- The Channel Strip: Show Original/Show Next Alias key command now selects the channel strip as expected.
- External Instrument channels sending Bank select messages now send the correct sequence of MSB and then LSB messages.
- Mixer or plug-in controls mapped to the same Workspace object now maintain their relative positions when controlled from the object.
- Undo now works after changing the output of a channel from stereo to mono.
- The mute button on the master fader in in Logic Remote now updates when it is engaged in MainStage.
- Saving MainStage concerts from Logic Remote now works reliably.
- When adjusting knobs or faders on multiple selected channels in MainStage, all the corresponding controls in Logic Remote now update.
- Notes sustained over Patch changes are no longer cut off when a MIDI Transformer plug-in is active.
- The Screen Control inspector now immediately updates to reflect changes in channel strip selection.
- Clicking the Layer MIDI Input Bypassed button in the Layer Editor no longer causes the view to unexpectedly switch to the Plug-in Library.
- A Multi-timbral Settings window that’s behind another window is now brought to the front when selected again from the Window menu.
- Renamed Sampler channel strips now reliably retain their names when a saved concert is re-opened.
- The current Expression setting is now retained when the Audio Settings are changed.
- The Select Next/Previous Settings commands now work reliably in patches that contain an original and alias of the same channel strip.
- The Map Parameter button in Layout view now remains enabled when clicking on objects in the Workspace.
Let us know in comments if you found the update smooth or otherwise…