I always get a little antsy when MainStage is updated, but here’s what’s changed in the latest 3.6.4, which is essentially just a bug fix update with a minor enhancement to the transpose object:
1. New Features and enhancements
- The Transpose object in the Workspace now displays the composite result of transpositions at the Concert, Set and Patch levels.
2. Stability and reliability
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when using Soundtoys Effects Rack.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly when a Mono>Stereo instance of a plug-in is bypassed.
- Keeping the Multimeter open no longer causes MainStage memory usage to increase.
4. Screen controls
- The Do Not Pass MIDI Thru setting for screen controls now works correctly.
- Assign mode now remains active when switching from one screen control to another.
- VU Meters mapped to the Loudness plug-in now work correctly.
- The Screen Control Inspector Saved Value slider for buttons is now consistently available at the Concert level.
- The Meter object mapped to Beat Count parameter now displays all beats.
- The Map Parameter button now remains active when switching from one screen control to another in Edit mode.
- Output and bus routings are now reliably maintained when importing patches from another concert.
- Pasted aliases now reliably include all mappings from the original object.
- Multiple channel strip faders now maintain the same relative values when adjusted from a screen control.
- MainStage now provides the correct AU Host Identifier to Audio Units plug-ins on Intel Macs.
- Playback and Loopback plug-ins now reliably display the correct waveform.
- The Hot-Plug Behavior setting now works as expected when Do Nothing is selected.
- The UI for Alchemy in the Workspace now reliably displays correctly.
- The Assign & Map button no longer remains active when switching from a mappable control to one that is not mappable.
10. Key commands
- The Next Channel Strip Setting key command now works correctly.
11. Control surfaces and MIDI controllers
- MainStage now reliably sends back the correct value to TouchOSC when a value is received from TouchOSC.
- Channel strip names no longer unexpectedly change when stepping through patches.
- Adding an instance of Quick Sampler no longer causes all factory content used in the concert to be saved into the concert package.
- Custom icons assigned to patches in saved concerts now remain when the concert is re-opened.
Let us know in comments if you found the update smooth or otherwise…